ONLINE CHURCH BULLETIN
Why I Never Eat
Everybody has a good excuse for not attending worship or getting involved with the work of the church. If you take those excuses, however, and apply them to other areas of our lives, like eating, they sound a bit foolish:
I don't eat more because...
1. I was forced to eat as a child.
2. People who eat all the time are hypocrites; they aren't really hungry.
3. There are so many different kinds of food; I can't decide what to eat.
4. I used to eat, but it was so boring that I stopped.
5. I only eat on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.
6. None of my friends will eat with me.
7. I'll start eating when I get older.
8. I don't really have time to eat.
9. I don't believe eating really does anybody any good. It's just a crutch.
10. Restaurants and grocery stores are only after your money.
Giving a lame excuse for not attending worship or for not getting. involved in a ministry is just as silly as giving up eating. Attendance and involvement for the Christian is as important as regular, balanced meals. Without spiritual food, we will die (I Peter 2:2).
There are numerous opportunities for you to be involved in the work of the Smithville Church of Christ in 2009. Why not make one of your New Year's resolutions to attend on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights and to be more active and involved in some of the ministries that are going on here?
For His Cause,