ONLINE CHURCH BULLETIN
TOP TEN WAYS TO TURN YOUR KIDS OFF TO THE CHURCH
1. Schedule personal or family events to conflict with church services and activities.
2. Don't get too close to anyone in the church. Refrain from developing relationships with Christians lest your teen learn about the joy and benefits of fellowship.
3. Look at your watch often during worship and complain bitterly, look annoyed, or freak out when church lasts longer than you think it should.
4. Do the best you can to make sure your child arrives on time to soccer, scouts, lessons, and school events, but don't worry if they skip or are late for church or Bible study.
5. Bring your family to church only when you (a) have nothing better to do; (b) have a personal need; (c) feel really guilty.
6. Don't volunteer for anything or make any kind of commitment at church..
7. Remind your child how imperfect the church leaders are and regularly point out their mistakes. Make sure they understand that you know more about leading the church than its current leadership.
8. Financially support your local church and its missions with the same enthusiasm as when you pay our taxes.
9. Let your child find a job that refuses to let them off for church services and activities.
10. And whatever you do, don't let church influence the way you live your life.
—For His Cause, |