ONLINE CHURCH BULLETIN
ARE GAY MARRIAGES A GOOD IDEA, PART 2
5. Same sex marriages will significantly worsen the effects of divorce in our society.
- -- A.P. Well and M.S. Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that: 74% of white male homosexuals had had sex with more than 100 partners, 43% had had sex with 500 or more partners, and 28% had had sex with 1,000 or more partners. (A.P. Bell and M.S. Weinberg, Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women)
- 6. We'll be repeating. (or worse) the negative impact of cheapening marriage that our society made in pursuing "no-fault" divorce laws.
- -- in the 70's our society seized on what was considered a great idea: "no-fault divorce". That meant that ending your marriage no longer required showing that one partner was responsible. In practical effect, it made getting a divorce much, much easier. As the divorce rate rose, we were assured that this was a good thing in the long run. Ending these struggling marriages was going to make everyone's life better. What we actually got were soaring divorce rates which made marriages weaker.
- 7. We'll have no logical reason not to legalize polygamy.
- -- once we alter the "one man, one woman" aspect of the definition of marriage, there is no logical reason to refrain from making marriage inclusive of other numbers of people. Those pushing for same sex marriage may argue that they don't want that, but they can't argue against it on principle.
Also, group marriage.
Also, lowering the age of consent for minors.
- Check out these verses of scripture: Genesis 1:27-28; Genesis 2:18; Genesis 19:1-8; Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13; Matthew 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-8; Romans 1:24-32; I Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 5:31; I Timothy 1:10; II Peter 2:6-7; Jude 7.
to read part 1, click here
For His Cause,