ONLINE CHURCH BULLETIN
ARE GAY MARRIAGES A GOOD IDEA, PART 1
The Bible as well as scientific information condemns homosexual behavior and yet here we are preparing to vote on a constitutional amendment to define marriage. Consider these verses:
Genesis 1:27-28; Genesis 2:18; Genesis 19:1-8; Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13; Matthew 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-8; Romans 1:24-28; I Corinthians 6:9-10; Ephesians 5:31; I Timothy 1:10; II Peter 2:6-7; Jude 7.
What are the likely consequences of legalizing "Homosexual Marriage"?
1. Children raised in those homes will suffer from the lack of male and female parents.
- -- "Children are not guinea pigs to be used in social experiments in redefining the institution of marriage. They are vulnerable individuals with vital emotional and developmental needs. The great harm done by denying them both a mother and a father in a committed marriage will not easily be reversed, and society will pay a grievous price for its ill-advised adventurism." (Dr. Timothy Dailey, "Homosexual Parenting: Placing Children at Risk," Family Research Council, Issue No. 238)
- 2. Children will be more likely to end up confused about their sexual identity.
- -- "We're not recruiting; our kids can make their own choices." It may be that most homosexual parents would not try to actively encourage their kids to pursue homosexual lifestyles, but it's certain to still happen more often because of the simple fact that kids learn from their role models. Besides, do we use that kind of reasoning in other areas of life where their decisions will have such a tremendous impact on their lives?
- 3. Children will be in situations where child abuse is more likely to occur.
- -- "Homosexual men are far more likely to engage in child sexual abuse than are heterosexuals." (Peter Sprigg, "Questions and answers: What's Wrong With Letting Same-Sex Couples `Marry'?", Family Research Council)
- 4. Children will be in homes where domestic violence is more likely.
- -- In a survey of 1,099 lesbians, they found that slightly more than half of the lesbians reported that they had been abused by a female lover/partner. The most frequently indicated forms of abuse were verbal/emotional/psychological abuse and combined physical-psychological abuse. (Grwat Yong Lie and Sabrina Gentlewarrier, "Intimate Violence in Lesbian Relationships," Journal of Social service Research: Issue 15)
- Vote YES on Constitutional Amendment #1 to define marriage as one man and one woman! ! !
to read part 2, click here
For His Cause,