ONLINE CHURCH BULLETIN
AN EDUCATION LOTTERY FOR OUR CHILDREN
* Georgia has an education lottery, and it has 17,700 teen gambling addicts (GA Dept of Human Resources).
* Georgia's graduation rates dropped from 64% in 1991 to 58.1% in 1996 after the lottery was installed.
* Georgia's crime rates are up; while the nation's are down (FBI).
A vote for an "education lottery" means (according to Georgia DHR and the Harvard Medical School):
* One child in every high school class will become a compulsive gambler.
* Over 4% of our college students will become compulsive gamblers.
* Over 2% of all adults will become problem gamblers.
* 67% of these addicts will commit crimes to finance their addiction.
* The state will have 1000 pathological gamblers for each big winner.
It is little wonder that Benjamin Franklin advised: "Keep flax from fire, and youth from gaming."
'_love ... children..." -Titu5 2:4