ONLINE CHURCH BULLETIN
A VIEW FROM THE BACK
Last Sunday I had the privilege of serving as an usher. As you know the ushers sit in the back to serve the Lord's Supper, to get an attendance count, and help people find a seat as they come in. Well, I usually sit on the second row and don't always get a view of what goes on during worship, but last Sunday I did. Here are some of the things I saw:
- *Bibles – Many of the people had come to worship with their Bibles. They are eager to study and to learn more about God's will for their lives.
- *Young families – We are blessed with couples who have young children who are pre-school and elementary age. It is encouraging to see them in worship, even though they sometimes do not get to listen or participate like they wish. You are still teaching your children valuable lessons. Keep bringing those babies!
- *Teenagers – There are some young people in this congregation who are leaders and positive examples to others at school, work, etc. Other teenagers are coming to worship because of your influence.
- *Singing – To listen to the singing of this congregation makes you understand better why the Lord desires singing without any instrumental accompaniment.
- *Older people – I saw many people here who have been Christians for 30, 40 and 50 or more years. Couples who have been married for more than 50 and 60 years. People who, in spite of pain and sickness, filled their pew nonetheless.
- *Four generations – There was at least two different families representing four generations. That's Bible. We are to teach our children who teach their children who teach their children and so on. What a blessing it must be for a Great Grandparent to sit in worship and look around and see the seed bearing fruit in their family.
- *Friendships – People from different walks of life being united and drawn closer together because of their faith in Christ. Everybody needs someone they can depend on for support and encouragement and everybody needs to be a support and encouragement for someone else.
- What do you see when you look at the church here. If you see negative things then maybe you should sit in the back!
For His Cause,